Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Broken

Participating in the Five Minute Friday writing prompt with Lisa-Jo Baker and her blog followers, because it's fun.

Five Minute Friday prompt: BROKEN
GO

For more three years, I have been broken. I have not worked the way I am supposed to. But we didn't get the extended warrantee so here we are stuck with what we've got.

I am right handed and somehow, I still don't know exactly how it happened despite the number of times my doctor asks, I hurt my right wrist. It started as an occasional pain that would cause me to limit my activities and wear a brace. Then it became something I could count on every week. For over a year it has been a daily pain. I can't write more than my signature, and even then sometimes just paying for a meal is painful. (Why can't we just use a fingerprint or an eye scan?) I can type, in short bursts, as long as I wear the brace and hold my arm at an awkward angle and use only three fingers (the pinky is completely off limits, being so closely connected to the spot on my wrist that hurts).

Because of the weirdness of the brace, my writing has been broken too. Can't write for the one hour goal. Have to truncate every thing. Blog posts are ideally suited for broken writing, being so short. But, my pain and my frustration (my pissy-ness, if you must know) seeps into every sentence, breaking them.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment