Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful - Day 16


I woke up next to my husband this morning, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

Greg’s job requires fairly frequent travel. He’ll be home for months at a time then suddenly have three trips almost back to back. He can be gone anywhere from two days to two weeks at a time (though those long trips are rare). This past week, he was gone for six days. We talked on the phone at least once a day, shared email, and texted. He sent me photographs of his hotel and stories of his conference sessions and client meetings. I gave him updates about our daughter’s backache, told him how my classes went, and teased him with our supper menus. We covered all the daily grind of our days.

Yet, when we got up together this morning and sat down with a cup of coffee, we could not stop talking. There is nothing like having him close.

My husband is my best friend and I could talk with him for days on end without stop. I am so thankful he came home and we had this time together, even though I was late for work because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment