Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful - Day 17

Tonight I am thankful for the theater department at our town's high school.

Over the course of this school year, the Westford Academy Theater Arts program will stage 9 productions, including two student directed shows. The girls and I attended Evita, a production that involved nearly 100 students on stage and dozens behind the scenes.

The show was spectacular.

My girls are in the middle school, and both are involved in the fall musical there (one on stage, the other as stage crew). It is amazing to see the quality of production they are in for when they move up to the high school.

I am thankful for the talented and dedicated staff at W. A. who inspire their students to greatness (really, it was great). And for the many parents who volunteered their time caring for details so the students could focus on art.

I am grateful for theater in general, and for the theater programs in public schools specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment